- Tel: +44 (0) 117 979 2396
- Fax: +44 (0) 117 9799 100
Manufacturing Engineer, Derby
- Job Reference Number:
- DS 1202-55
- Manufacturing Engineer, Derby
- Job Description:
Sitec urgently require an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for an estimated 12 month contract in Derby.
Our client is a world-class organisation, providing and supplying innovative integrated power solutions to customers across the world for use on land, sea and air. They have an enviable broad-based business portfolio, with leading positions in each of the global markets in which they operate. They have established a strong position in civil and defence aerospace and the marine and energy markets.
The opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer roles within the Turbines PMF ME team.
The job role will be to deliver significant cost reduction benefits through identifying, developing and implementing improved control of processes and structured yield improvements within the PMF.
The candidate will be expected to lead work streams as part of the Continuous Improvement team looking to reduce some of the significant scrap incurred in the machining and coating processes.
The candidate will be accountable and responsible for delivery of the cost reduction to the business compared to new manufacture and communication of the business case and need to enact it.
The role will require engagement with several functions within our client (i.e. design / logistics / operations) along with external suppliers to deliver the full cost reduction opportunity.
The candidate will be leading a team (project) in order to coordinate different activities and drive results.
You will identify where sources of variation are and improve them using SPC (Statistical Process Control).
Experience and skills required
• Ability to guide and coach the team in the application and execution of problem solving techniques and statistical analysis tools using SPC is essential
• Programme management and project identification. A demonstrated history of delivering projects is also a key requirement
• The ability to influence the organisation at all levels.
• Knowledge of machining and coating processes and inspection practices is preferred but not essential.
• The aptitude to learn rapidly..
• Knowledge and experience of manufacturing complex components in an aerospace environment is preferred, but is not a prime requirement.
• A high computer literacy and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels on technical issues.
• You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Greenbelt or Blackbelt would be advantageous
Aerospace experience is ideal however automotive biased candidates with experience of SPC are also encouraged to apply
Contract Duration Estimated 12 months
Hours 38/week, no shifts
- United Kingdom, Derby
- Aerospace / Defence
- Position Type:
- state desired hourly rate
- Vacancy expiry date:
- 19 März 2012
- Contact name:
- David Smith
- Contact number:
- +44 (0) 117 9792396
- Office number:
- +44 (0) 117 979 2396
- Please login or register to apply for this post.
This vacancy is being advertised by GED Sitec Ltd.
The services advertised by GED Sitec Ltd are those of an Employment Business